Media Release: Tuesday 26 October 2021
Coral Expeditions releases ‘To the Heart of the Reef and Outback’
Exceptional Experiences and Wines feature in extraordinary Queensland Christmas Expedition
Australia’s pioneering cruise line, Coral Expeditions, is marking the end of 2021 in style with the launch of new Christmas season voyages. Sailing onboard the brand-new vessel Coral Geographer, the two unique and all-inclusive itineraries combine the best of Queensland’s reef and outback in a distinctive package.
Highlighting the focus on the Reef and Outback theme are two landmark events – a private charter flight to Longreach to spend an immersive day in the Queensland Outback, and a private Sailing Yacht to a Whitsundays beach lunch.
Guests will also indulge in two gala dinners onboard that showcase ten iconic Australian wines selected from the “Exceptional” category of the feted Langton’s classification. Along the way, the ship will call on many of the remote islands and reefs of the Great Barrier Reef marine park allowing guests to enjoy encounters with dolphins, rays and turtles. Further encounters with nature will be had on guided nature walks at renowned Lizard and Magnetic islands.
Commercial Director, Jeff Gillies, comments, “The Christmas season is traditionally a time to celebrate with family and friends. Our vision is to deliver an expedition occasion like no other. It has been a trying time for all over the past 2 years, and we want our guests to get back to travel with a quintessential Queensland experience here at home”.
Details of the special events:
- “A Day in the Outback” – Guests will be transported by private jet to Longreach in the heart of the Queensland outback where they will connect with country life over a classic pub lunch and bask in an outback sunset over sundowners and stories at historic Rosebank station homestead, before jetting back to the comfort of the ship that night.
- “Sailing Yacht to a Whitsundays Lunch” – Guests will set sail on a chartered yacht to Whitehaven Beach where they will linger with Champagne and indulge in a decadent barefoot luxe seafood luncheon on white sand before returning under the sound of sail at sunset to their home onboard Coral Geographer
- “Two Evenings with Australia’s Finest Wines” – Indulge in a comparative tasting of 10 wines at two gala dinners. Selected from the most highly prized ‘Exceptional’ category of Langton’s Classification, the premier guide to Australian fine wine, these legendary wines are paired with the best of Queensland’s produce, creating a rare and memorable dining experience.
These voyages will be limited to a maximum of 90 passengers.
Further highlights of the expedition are:
- Exploring Queensland’s iconic Lizard and Magnetic Islands with guided nature walks, snorkelling and kayaking adventures
- Diving and snorkelling in the pristine waters of Osprey Reef and Ribbon Reef #5
- Meeting with the traditional owners on the UNESCO World Heritage listed K’gari (Fraser Island) and enjoying bush tucker talks and tastes in the rainforest surrounds
- Expert guidance and storytelling along the way from special guests on board including our Master Reef Guide Katie Tuesley and outback legend Alan ‘Smithy’ Smith
- Endless encounters with wildlife and the diverse marine species of the Great Barrier Reef and Great Sandy Marine Park including dolphins, dugongs, sharks, rays, and turtles during annual hatching season.
14 Nights aboard Coral Geographer, departing Cairns to Brisbane, 5 December 2021, from $11,990 pp twin share.
14 Nights aboard Coral Geographer, departing Brisbane to Cairns, 20 December 2021, from $11,990 pp twin share.
Coral Expeditions has led the cruise industry pathway to restart and have been continuously cruising since October 2020. Over 80 successful voyages have carried thousands of guests this year.
Coral Expeditions invites guests to find freedom on the Queensland coast on these extraordinary Christmas voyages. ‘To the Heart of the Reef and Outback’ is on sale now. For bookings and further information, please visit https://beta.coralexpeditions.com or phone 1800 079 545.
For enquiries contact:
For media enquiries contact: Jeff Gillies | Commercial Director
[email protected] or call 0418 415 581
About Coral Expeditions
Recognised as Australia’s longest established and most awarded expedition cruise operator, Coral Expeditions are Australia’s pioneering cruise line offering a unique style of immersive expedition adventures in small ships purpose-built to take guests closer to nature and cultures. Starting with environmentally-sensitive cruises on the Great Barrier Reef, 35 years later the fleet has grown to an all new ocean going fleet featuring the intimate blue-water vessel Coral Discoverer and the brand-new flagship vessels Coral Adventurer and sister ship Coral Geographer. The Coral Expeditions fleet is purpose-built for expedition cruising with features of all vessels including shallow draft allowing access to remote locations that larger vessels cannot reach. Our signature Xplorer tender vessel, glass bottom boat and Zodiac tenders enable guests to explore the coastlines up close. Expansive indoor and outdoor spaces, including the much loved Xplorer bar with 300-degree views, immerse guests in the spectacular natural surroundings and allow ample personal space and open air. An expert expedition team including specialist guests’ lecturers provide insightful commentary and interpretation along the way. Headquartered in Cairns, Australia, Coral Expeditions offers expedition cruises to the outerknown regions of the Great Barrier Reef, the ancient Kimberley coastline, Tasmania’s wilderness coast, Cape York and Arnhem Land, New Zealand and further afield to the small Islands of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Find Freedom in the farthest reaches with Coral Expeditions.